jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: clustering questions
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:00:15 GMT
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM, SalmasCM <salmas@criticalmass.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the verification. I do think that it would be nice to have some
> more details documented. These might include a section on the observation
> api and how it works with RMI and with clustering.
> Also, I found out the hard way that when working with multiple workspaces I
> should do a clone and then subsequent merges. it would be nice to have a
> document that shows some tips and tricks on how to use multiple workspaces.
> One issue we have is that we used the XML import feature to import large
> amounts of legacy data. Of course these were all imported as Strings. When
> we tried to set node type properties we found that there was no way to unset
> them or change them. Is it possible for us to
>
> 1. Save all our data in the db except these and persist these on the
> filesystem so that we could change them if needed?
> 2. We can always skip the xml load utility and import the data using the JR
> api using booleans and doubles and dates as required. Would this be
> advisable? I think setting node type properties would be a better thing to
> do. Some discussion or explanation of these issues would be great as well.

Changing the primary node type of a node will be possible with
JSR-283, but for now you can only assign it while creating a node. But
you have two other options to cope with changing properties: a) mixins
and b) residual properties aka "*" wildcard props. See the JCR spec
for more info [1] [2].

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[2] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/

Regards,