jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: clustering questions
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:01:52 GMT
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:28 PM, SalmasCM <salmas@criticalmass.com> wrote:

> We are deploying a JR implementation which will consist of a JR cluster of
> two independent web apps. One is an admin app and the other a consumer web
> site. During testing I have been running both on one box. Now that we are
> getting closer to production I want to verify that the observation api will
> still work if the apps are deployed independently. I am assuming that the
> notifications are handled the same way as the journal updates (through the
> common db). Please let me know if I am understanding correctly how
> clustering works.

Yes, the journal is required to propagate the repository changes to
the other cluster nodes (not only for observation, but also for
cache-invalidation). If you use a db journal which is accessible by
all nodes it should work fine.

BTW, do you see anything missing from the description at
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering ?

Regards,
Alex

--