jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Workspaces in a cluster
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:39:12 GMT
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM, SalmasCM <salmas@criticalmass.com> wrote:
> But in this case I will not be able to administer the websites dynamically
> from the admin server right? This is a requirement for my application so a
> local PM is probably not the right choice for me?

I don't understand: If you have the preview workspace only on the
admin server and not on the other cluster nodes, this should be
simple.

> I am still working on the problem that the  default workspace gets populated
> whenever I save the preview workspace. I know I am saving the right session
> since I print the workspace name In my repository config I have the path for
> each workspace as and they have different names so I am assuming that the
> indexes are being created in the right spots.
>
> In my code I load the data into the default workspace of the admin
> application and then create the preview workspace and merge it over. Would
> this cause problems? Should I be doing something different? What is the
> difference between clone and merge? Should I load the data into the default
> workspace and then clone or merge it to preview?
>
> Here is my code
> [...]

Your code creates a new workspace (I guess it is the "preview"
workspace), and then copies data from that new workspace into all
other workspaces (mergeToWorkspace() if clone == true). This looks
weird. Note that node.merge() copies from the workspace given as
parameter into the node (ie. the current workspace). IIRC, before
doing a merge, you typically do a Workspace.clone() to copy over the
intial state and then subsequently do update or merge.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek