jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Using different ddl for other DB's?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:15:01 GMT
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Taeho Kang <tkang1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm faced with a problem of setting up JackRabbit with a "not-so-common"
> database system.
> I know I have to write a new schema.ddl file, but I don't know how it can be
> loaded.
> In which directory/package should I place the new ddl file?

It's loaded from the classpath and is placed in the same java package
as the class using it (persistence manager or database filesystem).
The only thing mentioned in the repository xml is the basename of the
file. The classpath depends on the servlet container / jvm context,
but for a webapp you can put it into WEB-INF/classes. For a bundle
persistence manager this gives you:

WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/bundle/<myschema>.ddl

Please note that you might have to write your own
BundleDbPersistenceManager if the database behaves very different. You
would subclass it and overwrite some of the methods to align data
types and other things like that.

You should also look at the code - here are the svn trunk links for
the mentioned implementations and their built-in schema files:

Bundle DB PM:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/bundle/
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/persistence/bundle/

DB Filesystem: