jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPath query against a remote database is very slow
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:05:31 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 17:54, pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnaswami@ge.com> wrote:
> In your reply, you have mentioned that we use order by, did you mean 'order
> by @jcr:score' . Since I plan to permanently disable document order, I
> thought I will just add the entry

until jackrabbit 1.4 the default (that is no order by clause in the
query) sort order of a result set was document order. in 1.5 we
changed the default to disable document order. If you have an order by
clause in your query document order does not come into play.

>  to both repository.xml and workspace.xml. I thought that should be
> sufficient.

OK, then there must be another reason why the query is slow. Can you
create a thread dump while the query is running (e.g. using jstack).
that should give you a good picture what jackrabbit is doing.

regards
 marcel