jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPath query against a remote database is very slow
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:45:20 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 00:36, pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnaswami@ge.com> wrote:

> I have been testing the performance of the following XPATH query
>
>  String query = "//element(*, " +
> JackRabbitNodeDefinitions.FROZEN_NODE.getNodeValue()
>                    + ")[" + getXPathQuery(ctx, metadata) + "]";
>
> where method getXPathQuery translates to a certain set of  attributes. We
> have 2 configurations pointed to by two different repository.xmls. One of
> them points to a local database (database on the samebox where the test is
> executing) and another one a remote database. When I test against a local
> database I am able to retrieve more than 2000 nodes within 300~500ms. But
> when I test against a remote database the same query takes about 7000ms to
> retrieve 4 nodes. I do agree there could a some network latency but the
> difference in times seems to reflect some other issues. Here are the
> parameters we use for SearchIndex (repository.xml):

please make sure that the workspace.xml file has the same
configuration parameters as your repository.xml. keep in mind that the
workspace section in repository.xml only acts as a template when you
create a new workspace. once created a workspace configuration will
not be affected when you change the repository.xml.

I suspect that your workspace.xml file does not disable document order
and your query does not have an order by.

regards
 marcel