jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Copy a Repository without rebuilding the indecies?
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:28:30 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 09:54, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Nope no exceptions.
>
> Just takes forever to start up.
>
> I looked in the filesystem to see what its doing and its busy redoing the stuff in repository/index
and in the {wsp]/index

> I removed the indexing for the whole repository now so it's a bit faster doing it just
for the workspaces but still doesn't sound like a real solution to me.

> Can you tell me how I would do a thread dump on startup to check whats going on while
he is doing it? Not sure How that's done.

see: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/Stacktrace/

if you are using java 6 you can also use the jstack utility.

regards
 marcel
> All we do to backup is make a copy which should work fine I thought.
>

> Thx for the replies
>
> Wolfgang
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

And if so how would I do it?

> you should be able to simply copy the files on the filesystem. that
> should do it.
>
>> Problem is that we have a cluster setup with a few clusters and at night we want
to copy everything to a backup.

>> The live servers work fine with this and don't have a problem at all.
>>
>> But on the backup we have to rebuild the indecies every morning which take long and
longer the more data we have in the repository.