jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Problem with indecies on Repository startup
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 07:10:37 GMT
Hi,

can you please try to find out more details on what slows down the
startup. e.g. you could take a thread dump while it is starting, that
will should you what's going on.

maybe the copied instance is replaying the whole journal, not sure though...

regards
 marcel

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 14:14, Kurz Wolfgang <wolfgang.kurz@gwvs.de> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We have a Jackrabbit setup with multiple clusters for development purposes. At night
the persistence managers and datastore are backuped from the live system to the development
system. Just by copying everything over to the other location.

> Now the problem is that in the morning the startup of the clusters take for ever. But
after they successfully started up for the first time it's just a matter of seconds to restart
them again.

> So my guess is that the indices have to be rebuild at the first startup. But even copying
everything including the indices didn't help speed up starting the clusters.