jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Indexing mysteriously stops working
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:41:52 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 15:13, daveg0 <bagel10002000@googlemail.com> wrote:
> We have a problem that occurs intermittently in that the indexes suddenly
> stop working and a search will return ALL nodes under a selected root node
> rather than selected nodes ie our searches work fine for a month or so and
> then without any warning, all queries return ALL nodes.

how do you work around this issue? do you have to re-index the
workspace, or does restarting help?

> Are there some diagnostic tools/log settings, log files etc I can look at to
> investigate this further or are you aware of similar problems and can make
> some suggestions as to where I should focus my attention to sort this out.
> It is very difficult to simulate/diagnose as it occurs on our live system
> and I don't want to slow that down with excessive logging for a problem that
> occurs about once every month,

there are various levels of logging that you could enable, some more
verbose than others.

- DEBUG on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.QueryImpl will log the
query statement and the time it took to execute the query.
- DEBUG on org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.QueryImpl will log
the parsed abstract query tree.

more debug level information on the package
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene quickly results in lots of
messages, which are only useful for debugging a test and is not really
recommended for a live system.

regards
 marcel