jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Brian Topping <topp...@codehaus.org>
Subject Re: Problem importing more than 5K files over WebDAV
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 02:46:35 GMT
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response and interest.  I did increase the JVM, but it
turns out that it was how I was connecting... as OS-X WebDAV FS saves
a file, a separate thread seems to ask for a lot of information to
update the directory view or something.  Since there were so many
nodes in the directory, it was a very expensive operation and got more
so with each new file.

Writing an importer that talks directly to the JCR APIs did the trick.

Something good to take note of, I guess.

Cheers, Brian