jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Re: JackRabbit_Clustering
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:18:22 GMT
AFAIK, CND or Node Types will replicate over a cluster, provider
a) All the namespaces referenced in the CND files are on all of the
cluster nodes.
b) The Node Types on each node dont conflict.

I would set the default logging level to debug in both JVM's and start
up a clean cluster with both JVM's in different orders (eg A first
then B, clean repo, B first then A) looking for exceptions around the
repository initialization.

I would suspect that you will get some NodeType or namespace related
errors at startup that are preventing one cluster from understanding
the events from the other.

Thomas may be able to give more insight, but this is what my gut is
saying is wrong.
HTH
Ian

On 27 Apr 2009, at 14:15, Nilshan wrote:

> [...]
> this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/
> rule_node_type.cnd",
> ws);
> this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/
> rulepackage_node_type.cnd",
> ws);
>
> These CND files contain special characters ( like *) introduced by one
> cluster which are not properly interpreted (understood) by the second
> cluster. I feel that, this is the reason that clusters are not
> working in
> harmony.
>

> Thanks,
> Nilshan.
>

> Hello Ian and Thomas,
> Thank you for your quick reply.
> We will definitely try the suggested option to share the drive for the
> clusters..
> We will get in touch  soon..
> Thanks a ton.
>
> :rules:
>
> Nilshan and Arpan.
>

> Ian Boston wrote:
>>
>> I see Thomas has picked up the thread, and he knows far more about
>> this than I do, so listen to him more than me.
>>
>> 1. I see that the journal directory is  on the c: drive, do that mean
>> that both Jackrabbit instances are running on the same physical
>> machine ?
>> 2. It would be normal to put the local revision file with the local
>> repository storage eg
>>

>> and the journal in a shared space.
>>

>> You may be getting name clashes between nodes as a result of using
>> the
>> same directory for both the private and the public shared locations.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> The failure on the DB Journal looks like the DB connection is being
>> refused by the db server (url, username, password etc ).
>>
>> "Unable to create connection.: Unable to
>> create connection." is probably from the JDBC driver.
>>
>> Ian
>>

>> On 31 Mar 2009, at 10:41, Nilshan wrote:
>>

>>> Hello Thomas,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply...
>>>
>>> Using FileJournal, we are facing the problem that is mentioned in
>>> the
>>>
>>> Using DatabaseJournal, we are facing the following error:-
>>>

>>> The following is the Error log while using DatabaseJournal..
>>>
>>> **********************************************************
>>> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to create connection.:
>>> Unable to
>>> create connection.
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .jackrabbit
>>> .core.RepositoryImpl.createClusterNode(RepositoryImpl.java:650)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:
>>> 288)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository
>>> $2.getRepository(TransientRepository.java:245)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .jackrabbit
>>> .core.TransientRepository.startRepository(TransientRepository.java:
>>> 265)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:
>>> 333)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.login(TransientRepository.java:
>>> 363)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .RuleAssetManager.initializeRepository(RuleAssetManager.java:555)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement.RuleAssetManager.getSession(RuleAssetManager.java:
>>> 517)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .RuleAssetManager.getServiceImpl(RuleAssetManager.java:494)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .RuleAssetManager.categoryExists(RuleAssetManager.java:420)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .RuleAssetManager
>>> .initializeRuleRepoAndMetaConfiguration(RuleAssetManager.java:1718)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .RuleAssetManager.getRuleAssetManager(RuleAssetManager.java:167)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .amicas
>>> .gwt
>>> .rulemanagement
>>> .servlet
>>> .RuleServiceServlet.getAllRuleByCategory(RuleServiceServlet.java:
>>> 256)
>>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> at
>>> com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:
>>> 528)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .google
>>> .gwt
>>> .user
>>> .server
>>> .rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:265)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .google
>>> .gwt
>>> .user
>>> .server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.doPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:
>>> 187)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>>> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .catalina
>>> .core
>>> .ApplicationFilterChain
>>> .internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
>>> 252)
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .apache
>>> .catalina
>>> .core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:
>>> 173)
>>> at