jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: ConnectionRecoveryManager collecting all PreparedStatements
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2009 10:14:20 GMT
Hi,

> So if the connection stays open all time the statements will never be
> released and so they will never be gc'ed.

As I said, there is a fixed and small set of distinct statements. This
doesn't require much memory, and it's a lot faster to keep the
(prepared) statements open than to re-create them.

> But nevertheless it is a possible leak, in the case when the connection
> will not close.

 If the application forgets to close all sessions, the session is
garbage collected eventually, and then the statements are garbage
collected when the repository is closed.

Regards,
Thomas