jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit & google AppEngine
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2009 20:47:22 GMT
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com> wrote:
>> has anyone been able to deploy a Jackrabbit repo within google AppEngine
>> for Java? - if yes, I would be interested in how to overcome the "no file
>> messing allowed" limitation.
>
> You'd have to implement a bundle persistence mechanism that works with JDO
> and a JDO filesystem. Not too hard I think. The challenge probably lies in
> implementing an index storage implementation for lucene that works with JDO.

agreed. i have never used jdo, but i would guess it doesn't support
RandomAccessFile-like
funtionality (which AFAIK is required by lucene).

however, the most 'challenging' restriction of the google appengine
sandbox is the lack of
thread creation support...  this makes it virtually impossible to
deploy infrastructure
apps (like e.g. jackrabbit :(

cheers
stefan