jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jaco Prinsloo <jacoli...@gmail.com>
Subject JackRabbit EJB Transaction Problems
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 06:27:29 GMT
Hi Experts,

I have a stateless session bean (EJB) which connects to my JackRabbit
session. I call this EJB from a client application, but after a few calls I
receive the following exception:

javax.ejb.EJBException: Transaction aborted; nested exception is:
javax.transaction.RollbackException
javax.transaction.RollbackException
	at com.sun.jts.jta.TransactionManagerImpl.commit(TransactionManagerImpl.java:311)
	at com.sun.enterprise.distributedtx.J2EETransactionManagerImpl.commit(J2EETransactionManagerImpl.java:1029)
	at com.sun.enterprise.distributedtx.J2EETransactionManagerOpt.commit(J2EETransactionManagerOpt.java:398)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.completeNewTx(BaseContainer.java:3817)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:3596)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1379)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1316)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandler.java:205)
	at com.sun.ejb.containers.EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.invoke(EJBLocalObjectInvocationHandlerDelegate.java:83)
	at $Proxy163.createPartnerFolders(Unknown Source)
	at com.test.JackRabbitTest.createFolders(JackRabbitTest.java:98)

If I turn my JackRabbit connector's transaction support off, however,
everything works fine everytime. Any ideas why transactions are failing?
What are the consequences if I keep transaction support turned off?

Thanks,
Jaco

Ps. I'm using Glassfish