jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with RMI Connection
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:22:51 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Christoph Thodte
<christoph.thodte@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I got the following error when I try to login and want to get a session
> object. I use the spring interface for RMI-Communication documented here
> http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/remoting.html#remoting-rmi.
> The object is correct wired and ist represented as a proxy. When I invoke
> the login-method I get an ClassCastException like this
>
> Can somebody help me and tell me what's wrong?
>
> CHWERWIEGEND: Servlet.service() for servlet SpdContent threw exception
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerXASession_Stub cannot be cast to
> javax.jcr.Session

You're trying to access a RemoteRepository reference as a Repository.
This won't work, you need to use a ClientRepositoryFactory  to adapt
the remote reference to a local Repository instance before accessing
it through normal JCR interfaces.

BR,

Jukka Zitting