jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martin Below <mar...@guerrilla-metal.com>
Subject Content Modelling
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:16:44 GMT
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice regarding the structure of the repository.
In my app, I have a lot of many-to-many relations. I guess I would end
up in a quite "flat" repository with a lot of referenceable nodes.
According to the guidelines in davids model
(http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel), this is not an ideal
situation for JCR. I also had a brief look at the OCM section of the
jackrabbit docs, but didn't find any specific information on how to map
n:m relations. Is this supported at all?

Any thoughts on this are very much appreciated!

By the way, I found a lot of references to a presentation by David
Nuescheler called "JCR vs. RDBMS: Your App is a Content App."
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available any more. Can anybody
please send this presentation to me?

thanks,
Martin