jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Valid characters for node names
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:44:57 GMT
Hello there,

    I'm playing around a bit with JackRabbit, CRX, and Sling (last ones
use JackRabbit as their JCR engine, that's why I'm asking on this ML).

    I've found out that at least CRX and Sling don't "like" certain
characters for node names (haven't tried that far with JR yet), or treat
them in a "special" way. For example, I mount the repo with WebDAV, I
copy files from my desktop over there, all goes fine until a file has a
' (apostrophe) in it's name. I've also seen that spaces are replaced by
%20 (the typical replacement one sees in HTTP URLs, this may be cuz of a
magic WebDAV mapping happening somewhere).

    So, besides the apostrophe (if I rename the file in question,
removing the apostrophe, I can store it without problems), is there any
other character I should be wary of when considering "valid" characters
for node names? Or I can just go and use ANY (and I really mean any)
UTF-8 character for node names?

    Thanks in advance for your prompt and accurate answer.