jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schröder <n...@l7010.de>
Subject ConnectionRecoveryManager collecting all PreparedStatements
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 08:29:28 GMT
Hello,
i'am wondering if it is intended that ConnectionRecoveryManager collects
all PreparedStatements ever done and never removes them at all.

I suspect this could lead to memory leak problems in the long run.

It seams the preparedStatements Map inside
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.util.ConnectionRecoveryManager
is used as a cache. If so it really should have an eviction strategy and
a maximum size. Otherwise it should leak sometime in my understanding.

Just stumbled over it because of
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2728324&group_id=111957&atid=660861
where this behaviour means serious trouble together with the filed bug
in ha-jdbc :)

Maybe i have overlooked something, thats why i didn't file a bug report.

regards
Christian