jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Taeho Kang <tka...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about opened Session
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:11:44 GMT
Dear all,
I have a question about the proper way of using Session object.

1. Open a Session whenever needed and destroy it immediately after the use
2. Open a Session and reuse it. Destroy it only when the whole application
goes down.

Due to the initialization cost of creating/connecting to the repository, I'm
thinking of going with (2)...
but could there be a problem with it? (e.g. lost connection to the
repository, resource usage build-up, etc)

Note: I'm writing an online application that will serve documents to
probably about 100 clients at most.

Thanks in advance.