jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Re: Database Connections and Performance
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:44:26 GMT

Thanks for the response. To give a little more information about my
situation, we are not seeing excess sql traffic, we are more concerned with
the time required to execute a query from the repository.

In our setup, we are using a Spring/Tomcat setup and using Jackrabbit OCM to
map our entities. We have noticed that as the number of concurrent users on
our website increases, the query performance goes way down. So our page load
times increase dramatically. As best as I can tell, the pages are waiting
for a jackrabbit query to execute and a backlog of jackrabbit operations
begins to form, slowing down the page loads. When you say jackrabbit is
multi-threaded:

Ian Boston wrote:

> Jackrabbit has its own multi threaded state management. Everything is
> focused on serving information from memory and not performing a query
> against the database. Only when a session needs to get something that
> isn't in one of the shared caches will you see queries hitting the
> database.

Do you mean that it is executing queries against the repository in a
multi-threaded way (many concurrent queries)? Since we are using spring in a
web app, is this considered one session, or multiple sessions? The ultimate
goal is to increase the speed of our queries. We have already read over the
tips regarding how to write queries effectively and how to structure the
repository. Now I am thinking we are running into code issues either with
the Jackrabbit query logic or in OCM mapping that is slowing the process
down.