jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From majohnst <m...@lattaoutdoors.com>
Subject Database Connections and Performance
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:47:29 GMT

I am trying to better understand how Jackrabbit performs queries on a mysql
database filestore/persistance manager. I understand that when Jackrabbit
starts, it creates several persistent connections to the database. One for
the datastore, one for the workspace, one for the journal (for clustering),
etc. Jackrabbit cannot use connection pools, so there is no need to setup a
database connection pool.

My question is, when I query jackrabbit (or other jcr operation that needs
to read from the mysql database), is there really only one connection to my
mysql database? Do all queries go into a queue and only one query is
executed at a time? So there is no idea of simultaneous querying with
jackrabbit? Is there any way to increase the number of queries jackrabbit
can do at one time?

Our application has a very high number of concurrent users and we are seeing
a slow down because jackrabbit cannot execute the queries fast enough. I am
hoping that there is a way I can increase the number of queries that
jackrabbit can execute at one time.