jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From aldana <ald...@gmx.de>
Subject Possible to access (read/write) content in repository directly
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:11:39 GMT

Hi,

I like the hierachical file-like persistence approach of JSR170. First I
though to let my users use subversion for the file-system structure and its
contents. The nodes content is mainly about configuration (no media or
bigger files are saved). But Jackrabbit seems to offer similar and more
(e.g. API over repository).

What is unclear to me and Jackrabbit: Is it possible to let users edit
directly the repository content, i.e. is there a user friendly hook to
directly access the repository. I read something about WebDAV

Or is there maybe another frontend for accessing/downloading the stuff
(similar to subversion repository over WebDAV and tortoise inside Windows)?

thanks.

-----
manuel aldana
aldana((at))gmx.de