jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nilshan <nilshan.par...@indralok.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit_Clustering
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:15:19 GMT

Hello Ian and Thomas ,

I am really sorry that I am replying after a long time, actually I was busy
with some other component.

When I tried Clustering without drools 5.X It worked absolutely fine
(Without shared N/W drive).
e.g : param name="directory" value="c:/Repo_Journal". And this is working
fine.

Both the clusters are on the same machine but different JVMs.

Now, When  I introduced drools in clustering It started crying. (Unable to
read revision).

I think this is because...

Accessing Repository using ...

1.JCRRepositoryConfigurator config = new JackrabbitRepositoryConfigurator();
2.RuleAssetManager.repository =
config.getJCRRepository(REPOSITORY_HOME_DIR);
3.repoSession = repository.login();
4.config.setupRulesRepository(repoSession);

At line 4 it setupRulesRepository which initially (At very first time)
registers different CND files.

i.e

//Note, the order in which they are registered actually does matter !
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/tag_node_type.cnd",
ws);
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/state_node_type.cnd",
ws);
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/versionable_node_type.cnd",
ws);
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/versionable_asset_folder_node_type.cnd",
ws);
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/rule_node_type.cnd",
ws);
this.registerNodeTypesFromCndFile("/node_type_definitions/rulepackage_node_type.cnd",
ws);

These CND files contain special characters ( like *) introduced by one
cluster which are not properly interpreted (understood) by the second
cluster. I feel that, this is the reason that clusters are not working in
harmony.

Thanks,
Nilshan.

Hello Ian and Thomas,
 Thank you for your quick reply.
We will definitely try the suggested option to share the drive for the
clusters..
We will get in touch  soon..
Thanks a ton.

:rules: