jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From daveg0 <bagel10002...@googlemail.com>
Subject Problem streaming large blobs from Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:36:38 GMT

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is a Jackrabbit/MySQL/tomcat problem, but I am
having problems downloading a "large" video (40MB) via the following stack:

browser <-- tomcat <--Restlet <-- Jackrabbit <-- MYSQL (where the
content-node is a binary property)

I can download smaller clips eg 3MB but on the larger clip, the browser
seems to appear to be downloading and even reports the size of the download,
but does not have any content in it when completed, it's as if the stream
just decided to go the motions of downloading without actually downloading.
I can't see any error messages (memory problems etc).

Is anyone aware of problems with binary sizes in Jackrabbit/MySQL. . If not,
I can at least eliminate them from the potential failure points and I will
have to look at Tomcat/Restlet,

I am using Jackrabbit 1.5.3 and MYSQL 5.0 and have a large server - 64bit OS
(Linux), JDK 1.6, 16GB memory, 4 CPUs

regards

Dave