jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From SalmasCM <sal...@criticalmass.com>
Subject Re: clustering questions
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:28:52 GMT

Thanks for the verification. I do think that it would be nice to have some
more details documented. These might include a section on the observation
api and how it works with RMI and with clustering.
Also, I found out the hard way that when working with multiple workspaces I
should do a clone and then subsequent merges. it would be nice to have a
document that shows some tips and tricks on how to use multiple workspaces.
One issue we have is that we used the XML import feature to import large
amounts of legacy data. Of course these were all imported as Strings. When
we tried to set node type properties we found that there was no way to unset
them or change them. Is it possible for us to

1. Save all our data in the db except these and persist these on the
filesystem so that we could change them if needed?
2. We can always skip the xml load utility and import the data using the JR
api using booleans and doubles and dates as required. Would this be
advisable? I think setting node type properties would be a better thing to
do. Some discussion or explanation of these issues would be great as well.

Thanks