jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Yemin <jeff.ye...@gmail.com>
Subject questions about clone and restore
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:50:21 GMT

If I create a versionable node in one workspace and that node is subsequently
modified multiple times in that workspace, is there any way to clone an
earlier version of that node into another workspace?  My understanding of
the Workspace.clone method is that it always clones the latest version of
the node from the source workspace.  I'd like to be able to clone an earlier
version in order to implement staged publishing.  In a "staging" workspace I
want to be able to check in multiple versions of a node before it's every
published to a "live" workspace, but then choose one of the earlier versions
of that node to publish to "live".

I'm also a bit confused by the Node.restoreByLabel method.  The name seems
to imply that the node will be restored to an earlier version, but I am able
to use it to "restore" to a later version as well.  Is this correct
behavior?  The JSR-170 spec, so far as I can see, doesn't say one way or the
other, though 15.7 of JSR-283 explicitly states that it's for restoring to a
previous state.  As above, I'd like to use this method to publish a version
of a node to the "live" workspace that is a successor to the current version
in "live", but not necessarily the latest version.

Thanks,
Jeff