jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Re: WedDAV Copy method on versioned resources
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:24:08 GMT

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Sounds like a bug, see the DeltaV spec...:

That's what I was afraid to hear. The DAV layer seems rather thin at this
point, it doesn't do much more than call a copy method in the actual JCR
layer. I've followed the calls to BatchedItemOperation#copy(), to see if the
target node is actually deleted anywhere before the new node is written over
it. I don't see that happening anywhere, but while I'm somewhat accustomed
to the DAV classes by now, the JCR internals still are mostly magic to me.

Any point in filing a bug report for this based on this information?

Plus, any hints on a decent workaround for now? :) Overwriting the content
of a target file plus all properties and dropping all properties not present
on the version I want to restore should do what I need, but I expect I might
run into some trouble when I try to overwrite live properties (not knowing
they are live) or missing (unlikely) dead properties excluded from ALLPROP
requests.

Cheers,
Marian.