jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject WedDAV Copy method on versioned resources
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:48:35 GMT

Hi!

I'm using versioning through WebDAV. Doing checkout - write to file -
checkin works fine so far, as does listing the version history and accessing
the content old versions through their respective HTTP URLs.

Now I'm trying to implement a simple revert feature, which checks out the
resource, copies and old version over it, and does a checkin. As the revert
shouldn't just restore the content of the old version, but the properties as
well, I'm using the Copy method, using the version URL of the old version as
the source URL and the "main" (regular) URL of the resource as the
destination, with overwrite set to true.

But this doesn't work as expected. And it doesn't simply delete the
versioned resource and replace it with a new one containing the old
version's contents, either. What I get is an unversioned resource with no
properties, and plenty of error messages on the server side:

14.04.2009 15:05:24 *WARN * AbstractVersionManager: Versioning item not
found: 6e8c8bae-1422-48f0-b383-84befd6c487a (AbstractVersionManager.java,
line 94)
14.04.2009 15:05:24 *ERROR* VersionResourceImpl:
6e8c8bae-1422-48f0-b383-84befd6c487a: the item does not exist anymore
(VersionResourceImpl.java, line 285)

Is this a bug, or am I just doing it wrong? If it's the latter, what would
be the correct way to create a new version with the contents and properties
of an earlier version?

Thx,
Marian.