jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From SalmasCM <sal...@criticalmass.com>
Subject Workspaces in a cluster
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 03:09:44 GMT

I have several websites that have one admin server. Each website and the
admin server are cluster nodes. There are two workspaces, preview and
default. Changes are made to the preview workspace in the admin server and
then merged to the default workspace.
I have the following problem. I make changes to the preview workspace on the
admin system and I verify that the workspace for the session is "preview" I
save the session and restart the server. I go to the website and verify that
I am in the default workspace and my changes are visible even though I did
not merge the data over!
Am I using workspaces correctly?
I did not think that changes in one workspace would show up in the second
one unless I merged them over?
Also, if I have both systems running I would like a publish action from the
admin to show the changes to the website without having to restart the
server.Is this expectation reasonable?
 Also, though I need a preview workspace on the admin server, I do not need
it for the website. Is it okay to have preview and default workspaces for
the admin and only default for the websites or do I have to have the same
number of workspaces for all the nodes?

Regards