jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kooper <sergeysach...@list.ru>
Subject Re: NullPointer in JackRabbit InternalValue class
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 14:45:58 GMT

in JCR (and jackrabbit of course) a property must always have a non-null
value.
whether it's mandatory or not doesn't matter in this case.

what jackrabbit version are you using?
can you provide a simple test case for reproducing this issue?
did you perhaps manually edit the custom_nodetypes.xml?

cheers
stefan

> Thanks
>
> --

Hi,
-I'm using 1.5.3 version of JackRabbit.
-Yes, value is not null itself it has "" value, but when checking
constraints if has any it throws NullPointer in my case. I think it could be
tested with adding constraints to any propertyDefinition, make it not
mandatory and leave it empty when submiting. This is how it was in my case.
-no i did not edited manualy custom_nodetypes.xml.
-One more thing I'm not sure whether it is Jackrabbit or my implementation
causes this, but when property is not mandatory and its value is "" and I
try to update node with that value set JCR throws exception:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to update item: node /: failed to
write property state: 394840be-21c1-4016-a28a-bf9d7431bde5/{}Video Type
currently I check all property properties for "" values and do not set them
into node. But I'm not sure may be there are more efective solution?

Thanks for reply.