jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Marian Schedenig (qs)" <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV and ACLs
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:18:09 GMT

Angela Schreiber wrote:

> no so obvious :)

Obvious as far as we know the WebDAV ACL stuff isn't fully implemented yet,
I was trying to say. :)

> i don't promise you anything.
> but we will for sure need to incorporate the JCR 2.0 features
> to the remoting over webdav... sooner or (realistic) later.
>
> if you can contribute any kind of patches that would
> definitely help speeding up that process.

I have to get this over with quickly, so I can't promise that what I come up
with will do for generic use cases, but if my code turns out to be
independent enough, I'll see what I can do.

you would have to call the setter.
> e.g. The JcrRemotingServlet extends from the initial jcr server
> and needs it's own locator factory -> it calls the
> setLocatorFactory method during initalization.
> the same would apply if it used a custom resource factory.

So short of deriving my own Servlet implementation, I can't force the
SimpleWebdavServlet to use a different factory (through a config file or
something)? I'm trying to touch as little on the Jackrabbit side as
possible, although it probably wouldn't hurt much in this case, if the
official distribution will be able to replace my own implementation sooner
or later.

> I'm developing this on Tomcat (for now).
>
> that shouldn't make a difference, should it?

I hope not. :) I only mentioned it in case some server-specific config files
would have to be touched.

Thanks a lot,
Marian.