jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From daveg0 <bagel10002...@googlemail.com>
Subject Help with query performance required
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 07:10:27 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to do "wildcard" queries that should return multiple nodes such
as:

/jcr:root/portal/wap/images//element(*,
atom:Entry)[jcr:like(@atom:titletext,'soccer%']

the performance has degraded over time with more entries to take nearly 8
seconds which is unacceptable. I am aware that wildcard queries take longer,
but shouldn't this type of query create a Lucene PrefixQuery which is much
quicker. Most of our "wildcard" queries will be "prefix" queries as they
will typically be searches for matching entries that start with a specific
value eg "st*".

I tried looking through the source code and I can't see any use of Lucene
PrefixQuery only WildcardQuery, is this a design decision?

Am I missing something or is it possible for Jackrabbit to perform a
PrefixQuery for queries like this.

I also tried to use "jcr:contains" e.g:

/jcr:root/portal/wap/images//element(*,
atom:Entry)[jcr:contains(@atom:titletext,'soccer']

but this only returns the first matching entry. Am I
misunderstanding/misusing "jcr:contains" in this way or would you expect it
to return the same as the query with "jcr:like"

Can you give me some pointers to how to work around this

regards,

Dave Gough