jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Juan Pereyra <juan.pere...@globant.com>
Subject Re: Content bootstrapping
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:36:08 GMT
Jukka,

I've read the ticket and I definitely agree with your suggestion. I'll reopen the ticket as
soon as we have this feature scheduled in our implementation.

Thanks,
Juan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 11:59:17 AM GMT -03:00 Argentina
Subject: Re: Content bootstrapping

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Juan Pereyra <juan.pereyra@globant.com> wrote:
> Is in Jackrabbit a defined way to bootstrap initial data? Say, I have a set of
> folders that I need to be present in the repo before my app can start doing
> anything useful, I was about to write a bootstraping module that reads from
> a custom xml, pretty similar to what Alfresco does, but I wonder if there's
> something around that already does that, and if not, would it be a worthy
> contribution?

We don't have such a feature now in Jackrabbit, but see JCR-324 [1]
for an old contribution that's a bit like what you're looking for.
Funnily enough I closed the issue as inactive just minutes before your
post, but feel free to reopen it if you're interested in trying out
the existing patch and perhaps making the adjustments that I was
suggesting earlier.

BR,

Jukka Zitting