jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Datastore(MySql)
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:41:59 GMT
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Nichi <nichganjoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new to Jackrabbit. I configured Jackrabbit with datastore(MySql) but I
> still can't see anything in the database. A table named datastore gets
> created but nothing is getting added to it. My question is if there is a way
> to see(in a readable format) how jackrabbit is storing information in the
> database. Does it use the optimizations provided by the underlying database
> for queries like join,etc?

The DataStore is used for larger binaries, typically the
"jcr:content/jcr:data" property of an "nt:file" node. It comes into
play when the binary is larger than the minRecordLength configured
with the DataStore.

The database datastore uses a simple table for all binaries. It
accesses the table always via the primary key, an id that is unique
and is an md5 hash of the data. Therefor the primary key index that
the DB creates for the table automatically is all "optimization" that
happens there (and that is required).

For more info see also the wiki page:http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

Regards,
Alex