jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: data consistency problems with session pooling
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:23:40 GMT
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Carter Page <carter@carterpage.net> wrote:
> I have enabled session pooling in my application using the Apache Commons
> GenericObjectPool to improve performance issues I was encountering.  (Here
> are the details of my pooling
> implementation:http://www.jroller.com/IllegalArgumentException/entry/pooling_jcr_sessions
> ).
>
> Now it works great from a performance standpoint, but it isn't reflecting
> data changes that I am making to the repository through another source,
> namely WebDAV.  I've been stepping through the source code for JR and
> haven't been able to figure it out.  (If I shrink the pool idle size down to
> 0 it works fine, since it forces a logout/login.)
>
> I've tried session.refresh(false) to no avail.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated and attributed.

Not easy to guess, so far. I think more information is required.

What version of Jackrabbit are you using? What is your configuration
and use cases (persistence manager, usage of versioning, usage of
transactions, etc.)?

Also, what were the performance issues you encountered? In general,
sessions should be really cheap to create in Jackrabbit, so that
pooling is not required.

Regards,
Alex

--