jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: problems running DataStore Garbage Collector
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:02:12 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Paco Avila <monkiki@gmail.com> wrote:
> I run this code every 5 minutes (the first three lines get the session of a
> SuperUser internal application session):

If you want to run the garbage collector, I suggest to do it more like
once every night (when access to your application is low). 5 minutes
is most likely impacting your performance too much, since the garbage
collector scans the entire repository.

> but it never remove anything from the datastore. I have deleted some
> document from the repository and I don't understand why they are not deleted
> from the datastore. Also I have logged out from the system to verify there
> is no cached references to these deleted documents.

Hmm... Are you sure the documents you removed are actually stored in
the DataStore?

Regards,
Alex

--