jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: How to make use of the JcrConstants?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 10:01:21 GMT
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Akil Ali <Akil.Ajani@cognizant.com> wrote:

> Iam getting the exception while trying to set the values of the
> JcrConstants.JCR_CONTENT
>
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
> definition found for {http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}content

This means that the node on which you want to set the jcr:content
property does not allow a property with this name. To fix that, change
the nodetype so that it either includes a jcr:content property
definition or a residual property definition (*).

This is not related to the use of the JcrConstants class.

> Please help me to know the supporting documents that gives me this
> information.

Look at the JCR specification [1] [2].

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[2] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/