jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cris Daniluk <cris.dani...@gmail.com>
Subject differentiating elements and attributes in CND
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:48:49 GMT
I apologize if this is a question that has been asked and answered, but it
was difficult to identify in perusing docs/archives. I'm trying to import a
legacy XML format that utilizes elements where attributes should be used.
Rather than map it to a new format for storage in Jackrabbit, I'd like to
keep the existing format so that users are able to XQuery as expected.
However, when I use the following CND:

[recordType] > nt:base, mix:referenceable
  orderable
  - shouldBeAnAttr (string) mandatory

[records]
  - record (recordType) = recordType multiple

I cannot import the following XML:

<records>
  <record><shouldBeAnAttr>ShouldBeTheValueOfAnAttr</shouldBeAnAttr></record>
</records>

It isn't a huge shock that it doesn't work with the CND notation. However, I
can't figure out what the notation *should* be. I've played around with
various options with the + (child) notation, but I can't get it to roll up
the CDATA into a value. Is there a way to do this? Do I need a custom
NodeType?

More importantly, what do others do when trying to import XML like this into
JackRabbit? Since it is all validating against the DTD before submission to
the repository, would it be better off to just leave the recordType as
nt:unstructured?

Thanks for your input!

Cris