jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Custom ScoreIterator - how do I implement?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:46:40 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:08, Benjamin Brown
<benjamin.brown@thisisnumero.com> wrote:
> Implementing a class that extends the NodeIterator to use these stats (scores) is the
easy part, however I have no idea how to get jcr to use this implementation. Looking at the
jcr 1.4 source I can see that the QueryResultImpl uses either of two hardcoded types of NodeIterator
in the private method getNodeIterator(), wherein it creates new instances at that point. There
seems to be no obvious option for the user to specify the type of iterator and although the
class is not final, I cannot override getNodeIterator() as it is private.

these classes are not intended for extensibility. there is no
guarantee that they will be stable over releases. in fact, there was a
recent change (JCR-2010) in jackrabbit-core trunk that rearranged
quite a lot of code in this area.

If you need a custom node iterator you probably have write your own
QueryResult where you can create your node iterator.

> Can someone give me pointers on how to provide a custom node iterator?

jackrabbit does not allow this. see above.

> Also, can someone please tell me why there are two ScoreNodeIterator interfaces and the
difference between the
> jcr2spi package and the core.query.lucene package?

jcr2spi is a separate module that implements a JCR repository on top
of the jackrabbit SPI interfaces, whereas the core.query.lucene
package contains classes that implement a jackrabbit-core QueryHandler
on top of apache lucene.

> I think I should be using the jcr2spi interface somewhere and not trying to fudge the
existing jcr queryresultimpl
> into using my implementation however Googling and looking at the jcr site and wiki have
(not yet) yielded results.

there's probably some overlapping code that could be factored out into
the spi-commons module. Multiple modules then could use it to
implement a QueryResult. Patches welcome ;)

regards
 marcel