jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From gorkho...@gfi.ihk.de
Subject Performance problem with Property.getStream()
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:53:09 GMT
Hi,

i'm accessing a remote JackRabbit 1.5.3 server via RMI.

While accessing a file of 200MB, i'm experiencing performance problems:
calling Property.getStream() takes 16 to 23 seconds in my installation.
Here goes my code:

      node = node.getNode("jcr:content");
      Property prop = node.getProperty("jcr:data");
      long time = System.currentTimeMillis();
      InputStream in = prop.getStream();
      System.out.println("prop.getStream() duration: " + (System.
currentTimeMillis() - time) + " millis");

The above code-snippet gives the output "prop.getStream() duration: 21109
millis",

I'm reading the files in 200kb chunks, so the performance issue comes
through quite clearly.

Additionally:
- accessing small files with the api works fine (<100ms)
- accessing file of 10M size with the api is approx 1000ms
- downloading the 200MB file with a web-browser through the
JackRabbit-website in total takes 25000ms, which is perfectly okay ;-)

Is the problem of accessing large files via the api a known problem?
Anyone working on that?
Is there a workaround?

with best regards,
Stas