jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From gorkho...@gfi.ihk.de
Subject Re: Performance problem with Property.getStream()
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:08:14 GMT
Hi Jukka,

thanks for your immediate response.

I changed my repository.xml - file accordingly:

        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">
          <param name="url"
value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
          <param name="externalBLOBs" value="true"/>
        </PersistenceManager>

I now get different response times:
First 250 accesses went down from 21s to 18s. Then, approx after the 250th
access the response times vary from
18s up 2mins, the average case goes up to 45s.

What's my problem and how can i solve / bypass it?

best regards,
Stas

Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
27.03.2009 13:16
Bitte antworten an
users@jackrabbit.apache.org

An
users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Kopie

Thema
Re: Performance problem with Property.getStream()

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM,  <gorkhover@gfi.ihk.de> wrote:
> Is the problem of accessing large files via the api a known problem?

If you are not using the data store feature and you have the
externalBlobs setting set to false, then Jackrabbit will copy the
entire file to a temporary file when you access it. I believe that
this is the delay you're seeing. This performance characteristic is
the same for both local and remote access.

BR,

Jukka Zitting