jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "cifroes" <cifr...@netcabo.pt>
Subject standalone server scenario
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:32:03 GMT
Hi,

My app has high scalability needs so I'm using 2 Jboss instances in 2 servers (with a load
balancer upfront). Now I want to add a Jackrabbit repository to my app but, from what I understand
I can't use the JNDI / "Shared J2EE Resource" deployment model. I could install jackrabbit
in another Jboss and use it only for the jackrabbit repository but I have to expose it somehow.

Is the solution for this problem the usage of the standalone jackrabbit server and connecting
to it by RMI? Does that have any problem in a production environment (is it much slower, etc?)?

2) http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss mentions jcr-rmi to expose jackrabbit
via RMI but that doesn't seem to be available to download to Jackrabbit v.1.5.x, why is that?
The only way now is to run the jackrabbit standalone server?

Thanks in advance,
-- cif