jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mattheis, Erik W." <Erik.W.Matth...@espn.com>
Subject ACL Tutorial
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:28:03 GMT
Is there a guide to using the ACL features in 1.5? I've started digging into the extension
points and it seems pretty straightforward, but I'm not clear on the default behavior. I'm
using JBoss with a custom JAAS LoginModule that authenticates users against our corporate
directory and fetches their roles. We use this loginmodule for existing web and ejb applications
so I know the standard role-based security works. It looks like I can set the appropriate
JAAS name in the repository configuration and my roles will be available to Jackrabbit. The
part I'm fuzzy on is how to map roles to read/write permissions at the node level. Any help
is greatly appreciated...