jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: DB connection issue with JackRabbit 1.5.3, JBoss 4.2.3 and mySQL
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:18:10 GMT
Hi,

> So far I have been using either ..bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager or the ..db.JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager
and configured to get the connection from the JNDI datasource. OK.

> Question 1: What's the recommended PM? Is the bundle MySqlPersistenceManager any faster
or slower than the JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager?

No, the bundle PM is faster. See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ and
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/UsingJNDIDataSource

>  the DB connection JackRabbit is holding has been closed, probably by mySQL

The Bundle PMs support auto-reconnect.

> 2. I know the bundle PM has a reconnect feature, but when it tries to do so, it's throwing
exception and complaining about autoCommit not being possible for managed connections. Should
I use a local-tx datasource instead of the XA?

Yes.

> Question 2: Is there any point of using a container managed datasource,

No.

> since it seems JR is using only one connection from it (is this right)?

Yes.

> I need XA transaction because I have another DB datasource as well as the JCR datasource
and I obviously want the writes to both datasources to commit together or be rolled back properly.

I think this feature is currently not supported by Jackrabbit, sorry.

Regards,
Thomas