jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (JCR-1.0) Restricting the length of a String property?
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:28:15 GMT
hi daniel,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Daniel Manzke
<daniel.manzke@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> is there chance to restrict the length of a String property? I read that
> there is [min, max] function for all "remaining types" and for String there
> is Regex and simple literals.
>
> Is it possible with something like .{8,10}? Does Jackrabbit support this?

no, that's currently not supported. jackrabbit does support regular expressions
by using java.util.regex.Pattern [1]. i am not exactly a regexp crack
;) but i guess
it should be possible to specify an expression for restricting the
length of a string.

cheers
stefan

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html