jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <monk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems running DataStore Garbage Collector
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:07:37 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Paco Avila <monkiki@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I run this code every 5 minutes (the first three lines get the session of
> > SuperUser internal application session):
>
> If you want to run the garbage collector, I suggest to do it more like
> once every night (when access to your application is low). 5 minutes
> is most likely impacting your performance too much, since the garbage
> collector scans the entire repository.

5 minutes is only for testing porpuses, i have planned to run this process
every night.

> > but it never remove anything from the datastore. I have deleted some
> > document from the repository and I don't understand why they are not
> deleted
> > from the datastore. Also I have logged out from the system to verify
> there
> > is no cached references to these deleted documents.
>
> Hmm... Are you sure the documents you removed are actually stored in
> the DataStore?

Yes, I can see them in the repository/repository/datastore folder.

My class also implements ScanEventListener so, it have the afterScanning and
beforeScanning methods. The node passed as first and only argument if always
null, this is typical behavior?

--
Paco Avila
GIT Consultors