jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jaco Prinsloo <jacoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting a property's value to an array
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:00:50 GMT
Hi Experts,

I have a node definition which looks as follow:

[my:file]
> nt:file
- * (*)

With it I can create files that accept any property (which I need as I don't
know the names of the properties beforehand).
This works fine except if I try to store an array (of String) in the
property (through Node.setProperty), in which case I get the following
message:

javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no matching property
definition found for {http://test.com/jcr}descriptions

This is when trying to set a property with the name my:descriptions to a
String array (it works fine if I just set a String).
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Jaco