jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving from local instance to Jackrabbit server (RMI, WebDAV)
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:45:59 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM, repository_junkie <ali.ajellu@gmail.com> wrote:
> One last question: Does anyone happen to know when apache estimates
> Jackrabbit 1.6 to be released?

My current thinking is to review the status of the trunk next month
after the ApacheCon EU, and to come up with a plan for Jackrabbit 1.6
based on that status. If everything looks good, I would expect to see
a 1.6 release sometime in Q2. Note however that my estimates haven't
been very accurate in the past. :-)

Much of the release schedule depends also on user demand. If there's
notable demand for specific new features, then we can speed up the
release schedule by postponing some other work to 2.0 (or 1.7).

> Also, what are the chances that the SPI package will be fully integrated
> in the 1.6 version?

I think that would be a good idea. See JCR-1877 [1] for more background on this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting