jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standalone server scenario
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 09:06:05 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:32 AM, cifroes <cifroes@netcabo.pt> wrote:
> My app has high scalability needs so I'm using 2 Jboss instances in 2 servers
> (with a load balancer upfront). Now I want to add a Jackrabbit repository to my
> app but, from what I understand I can't use the JNDI / "Shared J2EE Resource"
> deployment model.

In fact you can, and for high scalability needs it's actually
recommended that you run Jackrabbit locally on each cluster node. To
do this you simply need to configure Jackrabbit as a cluster. See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering for the details.

> Is the solution for this problem the usage of the standalone jackrabbit server
> and connecting to it by RMI? Does that have any problem in a production
> environment (is it much slower, etc?)?

RMI access is notably slower than local access, so I wouldn't
recommend it for performance-sensitive deployments.

> 2) http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss mentions jcr-rmi to
> expose jackrabbit via RMI but that doesn't seem to be available to download
> to Jackrabbit v.1.5.x, why is that?

The pre-built jackrabbit-jcr-rmi jar can be found on the central Maven
repository. Or you can pick it from within WEB-INF/lib of the
jackrabbit-webapp war file.

BR,

Jukka Zitting