jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: InvalidItemStateException with concurrent threads
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:29:04 GMT
Ian Boston wrote:
> Unfortunately building a  hashed tree of folders results in non-mergable
> changes.
> before
> /store/ab
> thread1
> /store/ab/ed/8c/data.json
> thread2
> /store/ab/ed/8c/otherdata.json
> the creation of ed is a non mergable change, and I don't fancy creating
> the 255^3 nodes to avoid the problem.

How about creating the intermediate folders on demand, but in separate
JCR save operations? In that case at least the exception handling gets
much simpler, because the only reason the single createNode/nt:folder
would fail would be a race condition - so after the exception you'd just
check whether the folder was created by a different thread, in which
case you wouldn't need to retry...

BR, Julian

View raw message